Re: AO40 dish

Actually, I've wondered if any of the amsat-bb bunch has tried
a JT44 QSO with a 7.5'-14' dish with the 25W or so that many have
for the AO-40 1269 MHz uplink?

My understanding is that 100W to 10' is barely adquate for normal CW
EME on 1296 MHz.  JT44 should add 6-10 dB to this bringing that type
of dish and power level to the realm of possibility.

I'll not be able to put up my 7.5' or 12' dish until next spring,
unfortunately, to try it myself, but there seems to be more and more
of the group with these "super-TVRO-AO40-dish" setups.

Fred W0FMS