RE: AO40 dish

I have the space.  My XYL would go ballistic, though.  (sigh)

73 de N8AU, Jim in Raymore, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Naylor [mailto:jonathan.naylor@ggaweb.ch]
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 8:36 AM
To: Roy Schulz; amsat-bb
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] AO40 dish

It seems to me that if you have the space and ability to track a 10ft
dish, why not think about EME ?

On 23cms, you only need a few hundred watts and such a dish and you are
on the edge of having a usable EME system that is capable of working a
great many of the already active stations. Obviously more is better,
but as a first stage it is very good.

I just wish I had the space for a 10ft dish, sigh.

Jonathan  HB9DRD/G4KLX