Re: bulb(s) for Yaesu G-5500

>Surely I'm not the first...
>Can anybody tell me what kind of bulb(s) are in the G-5500
>controller?  And how many?  Mine aren't glowing that pretty green this
>morning...

Hello Mark,
I have a Kenpro KR5400b which I believe are similar. My bulbs burned out a
couple of years ago. The standard treatment here in VK is to replace them
with high intensity wide-angle LEDs. Mine are orange (amber) and they light
the dials very well, and should never give trouble. You have to put in some
dropping resistors but they can be mounted on the small circuit board that
carried the original tubular bulbs.
73, Bill...vk3jt
Milawa
Australia