Re: Antenna switching

>I'm the guy that wrote the program Dave has been using for quite a few years
>now.
>
>At the time, I was too embarrassed to publically release the code, as I know
>enough about programming to know that what I had written was... well, a hack
>(at best).
>
>However, it seems to have stood the test of time!  So perhaps I should write
>a webpage describing it, and release it properly.

It works very well, have had "zero" problems with it!!

>Dave, can you remember how old this code is?  Circa 1995 / 1996 ?

Yes, it was 1996....

>It's going to be a challenge for me to dredge the code up out of archives,
>so Dave, if you could forward a copy to John, could you also cc: me with it
>! :-)
>
>Chris you are reading my mind...I got the query from John last nite, and
>was going
to look for it today, to send it to him with your permission!!  Oh yes, I
have it,
I'll dig it out today, and send it to both you and John.  I THINK I have a
diagram
of my control box to select EL changes, but it is really a simple thing
with a switch
to select the pin on the parallel port...

Nice to see some interest again, and as AO40 develops I am sure it will be very
useful.  We have dozens of people in San Diego, that are interested in 40,
but when
they get to the part about a ~$500 rotor system their interest wanes...

I'll also dig out the group that expressed previous interest, and let them
know it
is being revived.  Good Show, Chris!!

Soon as the honey-doos are done I'll get it on the way!!

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....