UO-22 azimuth-only system

Hello,

Now that I'm taking a short break from all the fun I've been
having on AO-40, I'm starting to think about that LEO antenna
system I've been meaning to put up.

I'm using UO-22 as a design point because I'd like to try the
PACSATs.  My research on the net indicates most people on
UO-22 are using gain antennas and az-el rotors, especially
on receive.

Since I'm using an armstrong system for AO-40, I don't really
want to spend the money on an az-el rotor system. But, I am
considering putting up an azimuth-only system using APRStk.

Has anyone out there had experience using a modest cross yagi
for UO-22 receive?  I'm thinking about 5 or 6 elements,
switchable RHCP/LHCP with a good preamp, something on the
order of 60 degrees/3db beamwidth with a gain of 9-10 dBi.

If that leaves me too much of a hole directly overhead, I
could supplant it with a Moxon turnstile array (switchable
RHCP/LHCP, ~5.5 dBi gain).

For transmit, I'm thinking 3 or 4 el. yagi, vertically
polarized, aimed about 30 degrees up.

I'd appreciate hearing your comments and/or suggestions.

Thanks, John

John Pfeifer - KLØWN - Kodiak, AK - www.johnpfeifer.com