RE: "J-Beam" Antenna

>Ed said
>
> > Ah yes, I remember it well!  In 1965 I was living just east of Jackson,
> > Michigan, and having just got out of college I satisfied ham radio urges
> > that had been put off four years for my studies!

Hi Ed,

Where near Jackson ? I was raised in Jackson. Left in 1962 to join the Navy,
never went back other than a few times to visit. Were you on the air at all
from
there ? I was K8YZR, then.  I remember a couple of 6&2 meter big stations back
then. K8WKZ was a big gun on Six Meters and somebody, who's call I forget,
had a 32el colinear on 2m out south of town. L&W (Les Willis) made great Six
and Two gear in his basement nearby. Lotsa fun.

73
John - K9IJ

-

John Rice  K9IJ