Re: Communication thru P5-A

Chris.

You would guess wrong.  I said that I read both of them before posting what
I did and I read them when they first came out which convinced me of the
folly of the thing.

I knew where Mars was for a couple of reasons.  I generally have a pretty
good idea at anyone time of where the planets are.  It comes from an
interest in astronomy and its the sailor thing (in a crunch we know how to
navigate by them).  We were at the pool the other night and someone asked
what time it was and I got it to within 10 minutes by looking up at the
stars.

It will be curious to see if they can use the 20 meter one.  The plans call
for 100 watt transmitters that are only 50 at Mars.  That would still be a
"LOT".  AS I recall Viking had 20 (and a 1.5 meter dish)watt transmitter.
50 will be  "qro".

Robert