Re: Communication thru P5-A

First, http://www.amsat-dl.org/p5a/p5a-to-mars.pdf was the PDF you quoted
from not http://www.amsat-dl.org/p5a/p5a-weaksignal.pdf .  You didn't read
either is my guess.

P5A-weaksignal tells how the largest possible group of Hams can use Phase
5-A.  it has few if any numeric references of importance to P5-A use.
Whereas p5a-to-mars has most of the numbers you mention and more about the
spacecraft, etc.  It's worth a read!

Second, you had to look up it's location!  Soon it will be a morning star and
as we approach April 2003 it will be easily viewed and the largest it's been
in half a century!

At least now you see a need for only a 65 foot (20 meter) dish.

--Chris Vancil