re:Communication thru P5-A

Hi AMSATs,

I'm back again after some 6 weeks of hollidays in Asia (without HAM stuff
this time :-(

On AMSAT-BB I see again these funny discussions.
I still don't understand why people are always complaining about large
dishes and high power etc when talking about an P5 satellite.

When reading the .pdf file you can see that it is technical possible to get
an signal from Mars to earth with reasonable signals. Like with AO40 it is
true when you want an better downlink signal you need an larger dish
antenna.
When talking about EME, many amateurs are talking big stories about they
LARGE antenna park. So I would say now we have another reason to build more
larger antenna parks :-)

And talking about P5 like it is useless, this lets me think about the
invention of the laser. First nobody know what to do with it. Now we can not
without this invention. I am sure P5 will give lots of new data, that maybe
can be used in future Mars missions :-)

And I also still believe in an P5-moon station .-)

73 de PE1RAH, William
---