Re: Communication thru P5-A

Hello Chris.

<<Yes, Robert I do know the distance and location of Mars at this very
moment
without looking it up.  Do you?  <<

Yeap Mars is on the other side of the sun right now...aka it has just come
from being as far away as it gets.

A am quite confident that an Amateur MArs probe is going nowhere.  But you
ought to read the article I posted.

Do you know how many 100 wattt 10 ghz transmitters have flown?  And they are
only going to get 50 watts or so out of it at Mars.  That means that the
"subset" of hams that would be hearing it much less decoding data from it is
probably in single digits.

And of course that assumes that the manage to three axis stabilize it and
get a finer touch on propulsion then AO-40 has demonstrated.

In the meantime I will dream of my own 20 meter dish antenna in the
backyard.

Robert WB5MZO