Re: Communication thru P5-A

First let me thank everyone who replied without a knee jerk reaction and
looked at deep space comms as possible and bothered to work some numbers.
I'm sorry Scott I ruffled your feathers. I didn't mean to suggest you might
need more education.  I realise that is a crime in some states.

Yes, Robert I do know the distance and location of Mars at this very moment
without looking it up.  Do you?  As others have pointed out the Moon is round
and kind of a very poor reflector (read here: very very very rough).  P5-A
will be far more cooperative than our Moon is in the communications process.
As you seem to now know after looking up
http://www.amsat-dl.org/p5a/p5a-weaksignal.pdf as your later post suggests.

Scott and you have suggested than "normal" HAMs wont be doing P5-A and as
I've previously pointed out most HAMs don't do Satellite either.  You are a
subset of a subset already and this will a subset of you!  Big deal!

So did we determine if Gary Snyder was right or wrong?  Also anyone here a
member of the DSES?

73s,
--Chris Vancil (KD7LRV)