Access to AO40 at mid orbit (was AO40 reschedule......)

Ok everyone thanks for helping me to reconfigure my Eudora email client to
correctly read the columns on the schedule.

Several wrote and said that the transponder is now on continuously now from
MA80 to MA216 with no gap, in spite of the implied one from the
"OFF@=Variable" appearing in the schedule. The implication is that this
note is an "artifact" from when RUDAK was active and had just not been
removed from the schedule. To further confuse me however this morning I
observed the following; at around MA143 I was hearing the MB a good 3-4 S
units above the noise. The tracking program I use (WinOrbit) said the Squit
was only 5 degrees yet I was unable to access the satellite even with 150
Watts and a 15 element yagi. I also heard no other stations on the bird. I
infer from this one of two things; (1) Either the transponders are in fact
turned off at MA143 (beginning at MA @ when ever that was)..... OR
(2)WinOrbit is incorrectly reporting the squint and no one (including
myself) can get in because the Squint is really bad and WinOrbit didn't get
the message.

Still confused in NH

Dave

PS: please no more emails about Eudora....I must have received more than 25
8^).. all I really want to do is work this satellite more effectively.

>N  QST AMSAT AO-40  S2 Downlink   @=variable    2002-08-25
>         MA      020   036   080   OFF@  216   240   020
>         ---------7-----4-----1-----3-----5-----0-----7
>         MB       |  *  |     |  *  |     |  *  |  *  |
>         RUDAK    |     |     |     |  *  |     |     |
>         Passband |     |     |  UL |     |  UL |     |
>

>---W4SM for the AO-40 Command Team
>

>--

Dave
NR1DX
nr1dx@arrl.net

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns a lesson he can learn no other
way" .... Mark Twain