Re: AO-40 Schedule change, 2002-08-25

OK
After the email program ignores all the special control and spacing
characters nothing lines up (see below) but here is what I think this says

The MB and the transponders will now  come on at MA80 and go off at
variable time? What determines the variable? Ground control on each orbit?
Battery voltage levels on the satellite? Something else??

The MB and the transponders then come back on again from MA216-MA240

At 08:43 AM 8/25/02 -0400, Stacey E. Mills wrote:

>The middle beacon off/on timing has been moved as the eclipse start time
>and duration continues to change.  These eclipses will run through the
>middle of September.  The trend will be for later starts and stops as time
>progresses.
>
>Shortly after the end of these eclipses, we will raise ALAT and let the ME
>drift AO-40 back to ALON = 330+
>
>I meant to post this last night before activation, but things got way too
>hectic.  Sorry for the delay in posting.
>

>N  QST AMSAT AO-40  S2 Downlink   @=variable    2002-08-25
>         MA      020   036   080   OFF@  216   240   020
>         ---------7-----4-----1-----3-----5-----0-----7
>         MB       |  *  |     |  *  |     |  *  |  *  |
>         RUDAK    |     |     |     |  *  |     |     |
>         Passband |     |     |  UL |     |  UL |     |
>

>---W4SM for the AO-40 Command Team
>

>--

Dave
NR1DX
nr1dx@arrl.net

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns a lesson he can learn no other
way" .... Mark Twain