Re: ao40 awol again

For the moment I will give the controllers the benefit of the doubt that
they are really too busy trying to keep control of the bird and
subsequently they don't have time to keep the general public informed of
the changes they are making to the operating schedule. Allthough for the
new and inexperienced users this can cause much frustration and confusion
as many will suspect it is their equipment which is malfunctioning

I take it from Kevin's comments below that if one learns to interpret the
telemetry data that all will be revealed as to what the actual operating
schedule is regardless of what is posted on the AMSAT WEB sites.

I spent the last 45 minutes reading the information on the extensive AO40
Telemetry at http://www.amsat-dl.org/p3d/tlmspec.txt and I confess in my
naivete to be impressed but not enlightened 8^(

so.....
1) Is there a WEB site with a condensed easy to read guide on
"understanding" the telem data? especially how to tell when I can actually
use the satellite i.e. what are the current on/off MA's for the beacon and
the transponders.
2) Is there anywhere that the most recent decoded telem blocks are posted
on the WEB daily?
3) What is the most straight forward and easy to implement approach for
directly decoding the blocks themselves , hopefully via sound card and
computer and  not through construction of additional hardware

Color me..frustrated, overwhelmed and confused in NH

At 11:12 PM 8/24/02 -0700, Kevin Schuchmann wrote:
>well looking at the telem blocks, I see the mb on time has been changed to
>80 now so that answers my question...
>Kevin

Dave
NR1DX
nr1dx@arrl.net

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns a lesson he can learn no other
way" .... Mark Twain