Re: EELV Secondary Payload Adapter (ESPA)

Folks

I was at the Small Sat conference last week and I heard that the ESPA is going to fly once in 2006, flying three of the tech sat 21 payloads and three smaller microsats.

The ESPA can handle up to six birds but from what I hear neither Boeing nor Lockmart are enthusiastic about it and will only fly the ESPA when the USAF pays for it.

Also, the ESPA for the Delta IV medium can't be used with the Delta IV heavy.

Seems that these birds are only distant relations rather than bigger brothers.

BTW it was great to meet you Bob B.  Wish I could have spent a few minutes talking.  Got to rib Jan King a lot about OSCAR 7.

Dennis Wingo
KD4ETA