Maybe dumb question: AO-40 schedule for west coast US

I've finally gotten a station together, and have a made a couple of
QSO's, but I keep seeing that the good opportunities for me are in the
late evening at best and the small hours of the morning at worst.

I've not been watching long enough to get a hint of a better for me
pattern, but is it going to get better for us early-to-bed,
late-to-rise types on the West Coast of the US?  Or am I just going to
have to shift my personal phase?

73, doug