Re: Digital Satellites

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Don Woodward wrote:

> Thanks, I will try UO-22 next. One nice feature of UISS is that it will
> filter/show only digipeated frames so I can at least see if I get in, even if
> nobody else is on.

Ah, but usually not unless you are using two separate radios.  UO-22
normally assumes users are operating fullduplex, so there is no TX delay
built into its digipeating algorithm.  THus the usaual 1/3rd of a second
delay in most terrestrial digipeaters is not there.  Thus, the downlink
packet will be already begun before your transceiver switches back to
receive.  Thus, you can never see your own digipeated packets unless you
are using two separate radios and two TNC's or at least two radios and a
single TNC operating in full duplex...

Or a buddy to watch for you....

Bob, WB4APR

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob