From: "Bob Bruninga" <bruninga@usna.edu>
To: "Don Woodward" <dbwoodw@alltel.net>
Cc: "Amsat Bulletin Board" <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 14:35
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Digital Satellites

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Don Woodward wrote:

> OK, so I've worked PCSAT and ISS with my soundcard interface and the UISS
> program. Does anyone have a recommendation on which other Digital satellites I
> can work and what program(s) I will need? Keep in mind I'm using soundcard
> packet (AGWE) and not a hardware TNC.

If AGWPE can do 9600 baud, then you can also work UO-22 as a UI
digipeater.  But I think only one station in the USA is running an
internet link and it may not be full time... so you will have to find a
playmate.  There has never been a critical mass of people interested in
live digipeating via UO-22 so there is never anyone listening but
yourself when you are successful...

If you really want a challenge there are two more:

OPAL (OO-38) will digipeat at 9600 baud but it only sends a packet of
its own once  every 30 seconds or so, so there is not much to listen to
except yourself... and it takes a good beam to hear it.

SAPPHIRE (NO-45) will digipeat 120 baud but the last few monthts it
appears to be locked up.  But effforts this fall will be underway to try
to regain command of it..

Bob, WWB4APR

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob