Nova for Windows Lockup

I am having a lockup problem with NFW following successful download of
Kep elements during the susequent "Satellite Database Update"
operation.  Also my mouse flickers continuously.

My OS is 98se. I have NFW ver 2.1s installed. Plenty of RAM. I have
closed everything but Explorer and Systray in Task Manager. I cannot
exit program except by Ctrl-Alt-Delete whenever I enter Satellite
Database Update.  Program seems to track Sats OK and interfaces with KC
Tracker (03E0) and Nova-Tune(LPT1) OK. I have uninstalled and
re-installed NFW several times.  Interface devices do not seem to be an
issue.  Machine is squeaky clean as far as worms, viruses are
concerned.  I have latest Norton virus definitions.  Yes, I have
disabled Norton as well to no avail.

Program does not exhibit any of these issues on my laptop running XP
Pro.  However, as my KCT and NT devices interface with 98se machine, I
need to fix problem there.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

73

Jim K7EG