AO-40 uplink intruders?

During AO-40 passes covering the USA west coast, Southeast Asia, and
Australia, I've noticed what seems to be weak FM stations scattered through
the passband when the satellite is at lower altitudes. They are not strong
enough to demodulate here, and are more of a curiosity rather than a
nuisance, at this time.

The interesting thread regarding the high power cordless phones on UO-14
prompted me to post this message. Anyone know the source of these signals or
have some background? I suppose they are in the UHF uplink and not L band.
The pattern of transmissions sounds like two-way communications, such as
taxis.

Ken, W7KKE, CN75xa