Re UO-14's Good Ears

Dear Gunther

These are not phone patches but actually the QRM from the Long Range
Cordless,  Illegal products from China operating in the 130 to 180 Mhz bands
with a power out put of 10 to 15 watts having a range of 15 to 30 Kms.
These Illegal Long range cordless phones  have been flooded in South East
Asian Countries and also in the Gulf , India Europe, UK and US. to some
extent.

As the UO-14 has Vhf uplink and Uhf dwn link,  the cordless outputs get into
the input of the FM birds and you hear the continiuos hogging of the UO-14,
as invariablly at most points of the foot print there are many Cordless
phone units operating.

We in India are facing these QRM on our local Repaters and Simplex. There
are hundreds of these  in our own city.
We have complained to the local monitoring authorities but no firm action
has been taken.
I think that it should be concerted effort to fight out this invasion of Ham
Bands.

Just visit the link to read more http://www.qsl.net/vu2msy/VU2POP.htm

Best regards
Pop