RE: New to Birds

BTW, total cost for both 2 meter and 70 cm crossed yagis is going to be
somewhere around $35, not including the aluminum for the parasitic elements.

-----Original Message-----
From: Reicher, James
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 9:20 AM
To: 'Stan'; Brad Rich
Cc: AMSAT-BB
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] New to Birds

Stan, that's one approach I've taken but now I'm in the middle of building a
pair of crossed yagis using K5OE's design as a basis.

My parasitic elements are made from some aluminum tubing I had laying around
the house.  I'm using 1 1/2" PVC for 2 meters (yes, it's overkill) and 1"
for 70cm.  I decided to use copper tubing for the driven elements with
compression fittings for connection to the boom.  I'm soldering the RG62 to
the little inserts that goes into the tubing which makes it slighly less
complicated to change the polarization than a screw or bolt into the
coupling.  I'll post the results once I have the whole thing built.