Re: Question about TV on Ham satellite

Hi Howard,

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002 16:24:43 +0100, you wrote:

> I remember the SUNSAT had a PAL TV downlink on S band - anyone
> know what sort of equipment was required to receive this at various
> P#'s?
>
> http://sunsat.ee.sun.ac.za/media1.htm
> http://esl.ee.sun.ac.za/~lochner/sunsat/modes.html

SO-35 transmitted 4 W into a two-turn RHCP helix at 2.25 GHz.  On a
4.5 m dish with helix feed and preamplifier, connected to a standard
PAL/FM satellite receiver, the "sparklies" were mostly gone at 20
degrees elevation.  The following news release was published shortly
after reception of the first video:

"Live PAL colour TV images of the earth coming from Sunsat"
http://sunsat.ee.sun.ac.za/latest/19990518.htm

73 de ZR1CBC, Johann.