RE: Question about TV on Ham satellite

> Howard,
> Not real sure what you are trying to do here, but you talked about
> 18MHz of bandwidth required for FM  TV... Commercial NTSC TV takes 6
> MHZ of bandwidth for one signal.

I think that commercial NTSC TV is AM, not FM.   I think he is
referring to bandwidths commonly used on commercial satellite TV,
which is FM, and is usually a minimum of 18 MHz and usually more. I
think FM requires 2.5 to 3 times the bandwidth as AM if I remember
right.

 Bill Jones  N3JLQ  Sweden Maine   wejones@megalink.net

 Main home page   http://www.megalink.net/~wejones
 WWII/B-17 page   http://www.megalink.net/~wejones/wwii.html