Re: Re: Reporting Standard for AO-40

Reinhard-
This point does come up occasionally.
Maybe we should just go with "Q" reports (e.g., Q5=excellent copy, Q4=good
copy, Q3=copy with some difficulty, Q2=copy with great difficulty, Q1=no
copy).
But I suppose that as long as QSLs have "RST" printed on them, it won't
happen.

At 10:39 2002-08-19 +0700, Reinhard Sual wrote:
>As most of us using Self-modified uncalibrated IF for our Downconverter, I
>raise the issue of  standard reporting on AO-40.
>My system (with Drake 2880), receive the Beacon as S8 (at most) with noise
>floor at S2 (6 S-unit lower).
>When I receive a station at S7, I give them 5/9.
>When I receive at S6, I give 5/8.
>So the report is always based on MB reception  (MB always counted as 10dB
>over S9).
>
>Reinhard - YB0KTQ
>Grid: OI33lt
>

>----

------------
Scott Townley
nx7u@arrl.net
Gilbert, AZ  DM43di

HF/VHF/UHF/Satellite MOBILE station
--> yet NEWER (August 2002) address http://members.cox.net/nx7u

"When the Going gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro"
Raoul Duke, Sportswriter

"Don't worry Boys, we'll weather this Storm of Approval
and come out as Hated as Ever"