Re: LEO Antennas

Oh yeah.
I have a pair of M2 HO-loops on my truck...mobile LEO satellite.  I assume
that's close enough...
Work FO-20, FO-29, RS-12/13, and UO-14 regularly.
They work just fine...height obviously would help, and a preamp is a
near-necessity on the 70cm downlinks.
Advice...just do it!

At 19:05 2002-08-19 -0500, Tom & Judie Webb wrote:
>Hello out there in satellite land!  Is anyone using the halo, 'Squalo', or
>'Big Wheel' antennas for LEO satellite work?  If you are, any words of
>advise.
>
>Tom Webb, WA9AFM/5
>
>----

------------
Scott Townley
nx7u@arrl.net
Gilbert, AZ  DM43di

HF/VHF/UHF/Satellite MOBILE station
--> yet NEWER (August 2002) address http://members.cox.net/nx7u

"When the Going gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro"
Raoul Duke, Sportswriter

"Don't worry Boys, we'll weather this Storm of Approval
and come out as Hated as Ever"