Re: Volunteer Radiomen

Just to clarify - I objected to the comparison between the two and what might be
perceived as a play on the respect earned by Firefighters since 911 - not to the
word "volunteer".

I certainly appreciate the ARES/RACES volunteers - they provide a very valuable
service to my community in the area of "storm tracking", and I'm sure if
necessary they will be there providing emergency communications if and when it's
necessary - I for one will be one of the first to point out how valuable amateur
radio operators will be should we need them here.

Recently I saw my congressman (Bob Barr) at a political rally - after the rally
I went up to shake his hand - I happened to have on my Fire/EMA shirt - he said
to me "thank you for your work with the fire department" - I responded very
modestly with "thank you for what you do" - it didn't dawn on me then but it
made me realize - I actually don't see what I do as "special" - I see it as my
duty in the grand scheme of life.

73's

Don Woodward
KD4APP