RE: L1

>Hi All,
>   well rudak is off and L1 is as clean as a whistle again... do the
> designers
>or the command team understand  or even have a theory
>on why rudak being turned on disrupts the L1 signal so badly?
>
>thanks
>Kevin WA6FWF

Kevin,
I believe it is a coincidence that L1 has gotten better with RUDAK off.  We
have tested this before.  I also wondered if the two were related, but
tests earlier showed that they are not.  The L1 "rumble" seems to be due to
RADAR interference which as been with us for several weeks and has gotten
much better in the last few days.  L2 is slightly less sensitive than L1
and does not seem to suffer from the interference.