RE: -bb pecking order Issued: 8-15-02 23:40:40Z

The problem is NOT what time is displayed, the problem is that, for whatever
reason, the message itself is being delayed by the message server.  The fact
that Paul's message was delayed over twelve hours in delivery is the issue,
NOT what timestamp is on it.

Most of us use email for purposes other than the AMSAT reflector.  My own
account here is for work purposes.  I'm permitted to also use it for limited
personal use. My company's standard is to use local time, not UTC.

-----Original Message-----
From: cbuttsch@slonet.org [mailto:cbuttsch@slonet.org]
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 11:17 AM
To: Reicher, James
Cc: 'Paul Williamson'; 'amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org'
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] -bb pecking order Issued: 8-15-02 23:40:40Z

One aid to this problem would be for AMSAT people to use only UTC time
in sending messages.  After all we are radio people who normally use
UTC/GMT time for radio operations.  Most mail programs allow message
listing in various order one selection is the message time.  At least
an orderly listing of SENT time should help a bit!  Cliff K7RR