amsat-bb web archives

Paul KB5MU wrote:

Here's a trick: if you're in a big hurry to get the very latest AMSAT-BB messages for some reason, you can check the web archives.  The 48-hour index is updated as soon as the message is queued. You will probably find each message on the 48-hour index a while before you receive it by email. Depending on your browser settings (and other things) you may need to click Refresh to see the latest.

Wayne replies:

As a Digest subscriber, I find the web archives to be VERY useful.  If a thread develops that I am intensely interested in, I can check the 48 hour archives to see the discussion in nearly real time.  Otherwise the messages can be delayed as much as 24 hours when I get a digest once or twice a day.

Because there is no practical way to search multiple digests by author or subject, it's very nice to have that capability on the web archives.  But if I want to reply directly to an old message that I found on the web archive, I must find that author in my digest in order to get the email address.  A minor inconvenience to keep our email addresses from being "mined" off the web site.

I want to offer my sincere thanks to whoever created and maintains the amsat-bb web archives.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA