From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Jim Jerzycke
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 9:48 PM
To: amsat-bb
Subject: [amsat-bb] Question on KLM Polarization Switching

Greetings, all.
 I have an almost-new KLM 435-40CX with the CS-2 polarization switcher .

The manual for the antenna shows how to mount and connect it, but has
*NO* mention of which polarization it generates in the "Off" position.
It appears to be connected in the configuration shown in the antenna
manual. Does anybody remember (or have a manual) which polarization is
"Off", and which is with +12VDC applied to the CS-2? I used it on Field
Day, and was amazed how strong UO-14 was compared to my 11el linear Yagi

at home. I'm guessing RHCP is the 'default'.
Thanks!
Jim  KQ6EA