RE: Doppler Shift

 ----- Original Message -----
 From: Paul Yeager <w4ski@arrl.net>
 To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
 Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 7:41 PM
 Subject: [amsat-bb] Doppler Shift

> Folks.... I have a question.  Asked it once, but never got a
> reply.  Actually, I think I asked a specific member of the list.  Anyway,
> I'll try again here.
>
> Is Doppler shift linearly proportional to frequency?
>
> In other words, if I have the correct Doppler shift for 435 MHz, can I
> compute the Doppler shift for 2401 MHz by applying the ratio 2401/435?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> 73,
> Paul W4SKI

YES !

While AO40 is in range change as fast as possible the beacon frequency from
2401 to 435 MHz in your traking program.

Read the Doppler shift for both frequencies and  you will see that the
Doppler shift ratio is constant according  to the ratio 2401/435 MHz except
for a small error due to the elapsed time necessary for you to change the
frequencies and take the data in real time from your program.

73" de i8CVS Domenico