FODtrack, Nova, & Win2000 problem

I'm trying to get Nova ver 2.1s interfaced with FODTrack. OS is Windows
2000, PC is a Dell Pentium II laptop.

When I select FODTrack as my rotor interface, and click OK, I get the error
"ie_badID - specified comport doesn't exist". This is a parallel interface,
not RS-232, and the default Nova LPT 1 address matches my configurations.

If I then exit Nova, then restart it, I immediately get a configuration
error and have to reinstall Nova before I can access the program again!

Am I missing something obvious in my setup, or is there a bug somewhere?

Tnx in advance,

Ken, W7KKE