Dish Painting???

What am I missing here??

The optical focus of the two off-sets and one circular dish I have is
somewhere on
the feed.  I could put my feeds (patches and helices) in the oven, and they
would
survive!!

The small amount of heat that is conducted to my preamp (converter is
behind the dish)
from the feed doesn't raise the temperature of the preamp anymore than the
radiant
heat of the sun that I can detect??

I just tested it today, at high noon, and our ambient is ~82° F.....

The pre-amp appears to be about the same temperature as a similar size
aluminium(for Reg!)
  box lying in the sun??

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....