Re: Aluminium Dish Painting?

Yeah verily, paint it white or a neutral gray/blueish color.
Don't forget to use a primer coat!
Someone posted an experimental result awhile back that related to surface
temperature; unfinished Al was really Really REALLY hot.  And we who live
in the Desert can attest to that!

At 11:02 2002-08-10 -0500, Jeff Davis wrote:
>Trying to improve my S-band downlink, I purchased a G3RUH 60cm spun
>aluminum dish with patch feed.
>
>A comment in the mounting instructions has me a tad
>concerned...something about the unpainted dish being able to direct
>gobs of heat at the patch feed.
>
>For those of you with a similar setup, have you painted the dish? Any
>ill-effects?
>
>Comments appreciated.
>
>--
>73, Jeff
>
>----

------------
Scott Townley
nx7u@arrl.net
Gilbert, AZ  DM43

HF/VHF/UHF/Satellite MOBILE station
--> yet NEWER (August 2002) address http://members.cox.net/nx7u

"When the Going gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro"
Raoul Duke, Sportswriter

"Don't worry Boys, we'll weather this Storm of Approval
and come out as Hated as Ever"