Compare N3IYR 3ft dish and Primstar with 5 1/2 turn helix feed

After two days of experimentation I discovered that my N3IYR 3ft offset dish
outperforms the Primstar Dish with a 5 1/2 turn helix feed by about 3
db...this measured by the S meter on the 847....which I know is not that
accurate...these measurements were made at different MA counts and squint
angles from 5 to 28 degrees....I hate to show my ignorance but after reading
in the Handbook.. I cannot figure out how to measure tha impedance at the
helix feed point...the first turn of my helix is not 1.6mm from the reflector
as indicated in the mode S book...however about 1 inch from the actual feed
point...I do have it within the width of a piece of circuit board from the
surface..I glued a piece of circuit board to reflector..and soldered the
conductive side of piece of circuit board to the helix....

How do I measure the actual impedance at the feed point of the helix feed..??
During experimentation  I compressed the helix several times...without any
improvement in the signal...

Mike Miller KA5SMA
area coordinator..