From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Jim Walls
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 4:04 PM
To: Murphy, Lance; amsat-bb list
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Compute Elevation

"Murphy, Lance" wrote:

> Hello all,
> I was able to copy
> signals last night on AO-10 with my new Kenwood
> TS-2000 and my Diamond GP-6.

I first have to ask, are you sure it was AO-10?  Hearing AO-10 on a vertical
is
pretty darn good, and hearing AO-10 at all in the last few months has been
noteworthy.  I did not listen for AO-10 last night, but I did the night
before
(I think it was) and neither WA6FWF (in San Jose, Calif.) nor I (in the Los
Angeles area) heard anything on high end antenna systems.  What time and
frequency, and what were you hearing?
Don't take this that I'm putting you down, I would be delighted if AO-10
really
was hearable on a vertical!

73
Jim Walls - K6CCC