Doppler's First Name?

Hi Group,

One of the questions in the AMSAT-UK Pub Quiz this year was:

What was Doppler's first name?

When I set the question, I thought the answer was very simple: Johann

However, James Miller points out that a large number of web sites state that
his first name was Christian

Now, I've check many reference texts and about 50% say Johann and 50%
Christian

and some say Christian Johann, and others Johann Christian

So what am I to believe, .... any takers?

Paul, VP9MU

This message and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and may be privileged and/or subject to the
provisions of privacy legislation.  It is intended solely for the
person to whom it is addressed and review by anyone else
is unauthorised.  Any use, disclosure, reproduction,
modification or distribution of the contents of this e-mail, or
any part thereof, other than by the intended recipient, is
strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient or
have received this message in error, please notify the
sender of this e-mail immediately by return e-mail and
destroy the message and all copies in your possession.

Oil Management Services Ltd