R: transponder

----- Original Message -----
From: asep ahmad <kaumlebak@yahoo.com>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 8:48 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] transponder

> Dear,
> Sir,I want to know about transponder.I have more QST
> magazine/ARRL Handbook but never found schematic dia
> gram about transponder/linear translator.Who get
> schematic transponder to?Thanks.
>
> Asep
> Indonesia

Hi Asep,

I strongly suggest you to read the article "Linear Translators" by James
Eagleson WB6JNN" published in Ham Radio Magazine September 1983,
pagg 14 to 31

Also read:

"A new Transponder for Amateur Satellites" by Piero Moroni i5TDJ published
by the AMSAT-UK in Amsat Newsletter nr 2 June 1978 pagg 6 to 9
This article is complete with all schematic diagrams of a Mode B transponder
70cm up and 2 meters down using a special  40 KHz wide 10.7 MHz IF splitted
in to tree different 15 KHz back to back IF amplifiers each using a separate
filter and a separate AGC to overcome the problem of  alligators desensing
the whole transponder passband and if you duplicate it it works.

Also read:

"A Linear Transponder for Amateur Radio Satellites" by Dr. Karl Meinzer
DJ4ZC
published in VHF Communications 1/1975 pagg 42 to 57

In this article Karl made a complete description of the H-transponder used
in OSCAR-7 with all the original schematic diagrams and measurements and if
you duplicate it it works.

73" de i8CVS Domenico