RE: AOR R5000

Hello Roy

> Is anyone receiving AO40 using the receiver in object?

Yes: I use it to collect telemetry on occasion. I recommend that you get the
optional SSB filter for it.

I've also recently hooked up an AOR AR-8600Mk2, which covers up to 3GHz. The
AR-8600Mk2 is very very hard of hearing up at these frequencies, the AR-5000
is much more sensitive. You need a preamp with lots of gain (40dB or so) to
make up for this.

73 Howard G6LVB