Interesting August Sky

I know this isn't strictly on-topic for this forum but many
satellite hams are interested in space stuff ... so while I was
rummaging thru the space stuff for the amsat newsletter I came
across a couple of interesting articles about the August sky ...

Asteroid Near Miss Heading for Earth:

Who will be the first to work asteroid scatter?

August Meteor Shower:

So, if the birds are out of range, take a look at the sky in the
visual wavelengths.  I see this as a good chance to drag the kids
outside for some firsthand viewing of a current science event.

73 de JoAnne WB9JEJ