Re: ao-40 u band uplink probs :/

>just wondered is anyone else having this problem or is it just me :/.
>
>the squint is at about 30deg, so not the best, but ive worked people on
>35-40 with no problems.
>
>dont really want to get a PA for 2 reasons :), never needed one before and
>30w should be enough to get a decent ssb signal into it.
>
>i am still getting the beacon at a good signal, so the only obvious thing is
>the uplink, but nothing has changed :/.

Yes, Scott, a lot of us out here are experiencing the same thing.  The pointing
angle problem I understand, but in the last several days signals will drop down
into the noise, suddenly, for varying periods of time.

We had a group on the other nite, and all were experiencing the same phenomena.
The beacon remains very strong (I monitor on another receiver) at the same
time??
RUDAK sig strength remains the same, very, very strong anytime I've listened.

Anyone else explain it??

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....