Re: Ruining $4 Attenuators

>The first thing your 2m rig should see is something like the RF power
>protector sold by SSB electronics. It's pricey, but has saved both my step
>attenuator and UEK-3000 twice so far.
>
>FT-847 > Protector > MFJ Step Attenuator > 80' LMR-400 > UEK 3000 d/c

Very good, Hasan, I got mine from DEM, I think about $50; it will take the full
power of my Icom 821 ~30watts.  Pretty cheap insurance in my opinion..A coax
switch selects the link, and I don't have to worry about not switching.
I think most of us have blown at least one converter or preamp!!

Now I can use my 2M uplink for AO7 with complete safety.  Prior to
acquiring the
DEM protection I disconnected  the 2M xmit inside the rig...Not too
convenient if
I want to xmit on 2M for any reason...

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....