1/4" foil helix footnotes

Some additional thoughts.
In my case the PVC stunk. The portable helix feeds for my portable 60cm dish
were built on thin non PVC tubes, and they also stunk.

I will try to make the deciding test this weekend. I produced a stealth TV
channel 12 antenna for our digital commercial broadcast service. This
antenna is little more than a two element dipole made of copper 3m tape on
the 1/4" surface of 1/4" thick Lucite. It works like a million bucks with
antenna field tests yielding exactly what it should in terms of gain and F/B
ratio. I will take one and place the tape on the top surface which will put
the 1 mil surface facing the wave front. I'll take it out to out field range
and we will see...
73
Gunther
W8GSM