DIelectric Loading of Helical Antennas

Has anyone tried dielectrically loading a helical feed antenna. I have an
application where I would like to reduce the 2.4 GHz helical feed in my
portable setup to about half the size. I was thinking of using a fiberglass
tube to wind the copper tape helix on. I would then use the next fiberglass
tube in size to cover the outside of the helix. This way the helix would
have fiberglass on the inside and outside. Does anyone know if I can just
reduce all of the dimensions by the squareroot of (Er)? Any ideas?

Pieter N4IP