Re: Pointing large dishes

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, chris451 wrote about his TVRO 3m dish for AO-40:

> Elevation varies quite a bit from day to day.  Usually, I just point
> down about 6 degrees from normal tvro satellites...

My analysis showed that the only time AO-40 was not on the 6 degree offset
from TVRO satellites was during the very brief times when AO-40 was near
perogee.  SO assuming that it spends 16 hours near Apogee and less than 2
hours in those very fast close-in angles (where it's antennas are not
pointing at earth), would you confirm that this is what you see?

That would tell me that the fixed offset of 6 deg will work for 90% of the
time AO-40 is in its workable range?

de WB4APR, Bob