From: Mike73@aol.com [mailto:Mike73@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 6:05 PM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] AO-7 - - UO-14

Howdy,

Here's one for you......

For the past year or so, during east coast passes of UO-14, I've heard CW
come through the transponder. Of course it doesn't sound like CW does on
SSB;
it's simply an on/off quieting of the transponder. I never paid any
attention.... until recently!

If you listen close, what you'll hear is mostly numbers being sent. Sound
familiar??

This evening, during the UO-14 pass that just ended here, sure enough, I
heard the CW again. I looked at my tracking and there was AO-7 almost on top

of UO-14.

AO-7 was in mode B, happily transmitting at ~145.973. We all know UO-14's
uplink is 145.975. So there it was!

Too bad I didn't recognize the CW on UO-14 for what it really was. I wonder
how long AO-7 really has been back and we just didn't know it?

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649
Local Area Coordinator