Re: R: Pointing large dishes

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, i8cvs wrote:

> A 10' ( 3 meters) dish at 2400 MHz has a lobe like a pencil of  3 degrees
> at - 3 dB points.
>
> Since the AO40 inclination is 7.53 degrees the satellite subpoint latitude
> will change from -7.53 South to + 7.53 North during one orbit.

But ALL the time at Apogee (16 hours) is +7 degrees and it is only at -7
during Perogee.  Not worth worrying about... So just set for APOGEE..

See the three links  in the 3rd line down on my WEB page for photos:

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/sitemap.html

No, I have NOT gone back and actually finished the project.  Winter snow
and then work got in the way...
bob