AX.25 Space Contacts

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Steve Dimse K4HG reports:

> 1287 distinct calls heard via ISS
> 1427 distinct calls heard from PCSat

I had asked Steve to query his online FINDU.COM database and see how many
calls have been heard via the two 1200 baud AX.25 digipeters in space.

ALso watch for the next three weeks the following special users of PCsat
and ISS:

PCSAT 145.825:     W3ADO-8  44' Sloop
PCSAT 144.39 (usa) W3ADO-12 44' Sloop
ISS   145.800:     W3ADO-10 44' Sloop
VARIOUS            KH6JJD   44' Sloop
PCSAT 144.39 (usa) N3IYI  3 80' railroad cars
PCSAT TBD          VE3DCL   Canadian Canoe trip
PCSAT 144.39 (usa) ??????   Mars Outpost (Arctic circle, Canada)

You can see them all on either of these two web pages:

  ISS    = http://www.ariss.net
  PCSAT  = http://pcsat.aprs.org

Though we have noticed that only about 30% of the successful digipeats
actually make it to the WEB pages because we probably dont have enouth
SATgates on full time... (they operate with OMNI antennas and dont hear as
much as a station with a beam...)  Thats why the more the better...

de WB4APR, Bob