Pointing large dishes

 have recently acquired a 10' TVRO dish and would like to use it for AO-40.
I recall that when some folks were first trying to use the large dishes the
claim was made that AO-40 closely followed the ecliptic and that leaving it
set as a polar mounted system would work.

I wonder if anyone actually made that  happen. I am willing to engineer an
az el system but there will be a lot of adapting to do.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Roger
WB0GAI